Monday, May 17, 2010

5 min chocolate cake recipe....

this is for lyndsey...she is gonna hate me for this b/c its such an easy recipe and with those pregnancy cravings i'm sure this will be a hit! don't be mad at me lynds!! you asked for it! haha!


we had this last night for dessert after FHE with the vanordens. it was sooo yummy!



5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

3 comments:

Lyndsey VanOrden said...

Yay! Thanks Jess! I am wanting to make it already!

'T' said...

I have never tried this, but I've heard it's fabulous. I think I will tonight as I watch Harry Potter five, ewwww fun.

Anonymous said...

Just what I need.haha
Excited to try it sometime. I am always looking for a good receipe (even though I don't cook much) Thsnks.

Oh Happy Day!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!