Saturday, October 11, 2008

Take this survey if you are pregnant

Your name?

Jessica Lynn VanOrden

Fathers name?

Shane Morgan

Are you still with him?

Oh yeah!

Were you trying to get pregnant?

For a while, yeah. We'd already had one failed pregnancy and a miscarriage. And we got prego right after the miscarriage.

When did you find out?

Around the end of July.

Were did you find out?

At home

How far along were you?

Bout 4-5 weeks

What was your reaction?

Nervous. I had just gone through a miscarriage and was afraid it was too early for a healthy pregnancy.

Who was the first person you told?

Shane

How did you tell the father?

I took the test in the middle of the night b/c I had to pee and just left it on the sink until morning. So, Shane saw it before I did, although I could tell that I was prego.

What was his reaction?

He was nervous just like me, but he knew that it would work out so he was ecstatic!

When is your due date?

April 15th, tax day baby!

Did you have any morning sickness?

Holy crap did I ever! Just entered the second trimester and I'm FINALLY getting some relief!!! I'm talking, ALL DAY SICKNESS!!!

What are your fears?

That I won't know what to do. That my baby won't like me. That I'll mess up and do everything wrong! What am I NOT worried about??

What are you most happy about?

That Shane and I are going to be parents. That we're going through all of this together! And that I'll have a bargaining chip to get my parents to come out here and visit more often!!!!

Did you want a boy or girl?

I definitely want a girl, but only b/c Shane says that "VanOrdens don't DO girls..." I wanna prove him WRONG!!! Then again, we both just want a healthy and happy baby!

What did the father want boy or girl?

He wants a boy.

Do you know what your having?

Two more months...

Do you have a names picked out?

Layne Michael if its a boy and Mckenzie Kahilu if its a girl.

How much weight have you gained?

About 5lbs so far!

Have you felt the baby move?

Well, I think it's too early, but I have felt like a 'fluttering' when I'm laying down, right before sleep a few times...?

Are you keeping the baby?

I'm not getting stretch marks w/o getting something out of it! For sure we're keeping the baby!

Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth?

W/o using too much strong language, ME-DI-CAT-ED!!!!!!!!!

Are you scared about labor?

When I'm in severe pain, I tend to either pass out, seizure or both. So, yes, my Dr. and I are BOTH scared/nervous about the labor!

What do you think will be the worst part of labor?

The bloody stuff. I pass out when I see blood. So, maybe I need to just close my eyes the whole time until it's over and done with!

Have you taken any classes?

Not starting that until Jan

Who will be in the delivery room?

Shane for sure, and if we can swing it, my mom and sisters!

Are you having the birth videotaped?

I'm starting to seriously consider it, as long as my mom isn't the one doing the filming. She tends to record the things you DON'T want recorded.

Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time?

Well, I already cry over any and everything, so why should seeing the baby for the first time be any different, right? I'm sure I will! It'll be such a miracle! I can't wait!

What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be?


How do you think family and friends will feel?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the baby names are really cute!

Oh Happy Day!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!