Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Joys of Marriage...

Let's all say it together, "I Have The Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


This is Shane, obviously. He is super excited about one of his most favorite things to do...SHAVE! So, every day or so, he will get all lathered up to shave his beard, and yes, his head. I just so happened to have my camera ready for this "candid" shot! It really is a fun time in our lives right now. I know that as I'm trying to get pregnant, and failing miserably, that these are in fact times that we will never be able to get back. I heard it put in a good way yesterday, or maybe it was Sunday. Lyndsay, my sister-in-law said something like, "We're alone for a little while, and then parents forever." Not to make that sound like a bad thing at all! But we are really enjoying ourselves so much right now! I don't think our kids are going to love us running around the house naked for very long!! Well, until we need to put them through counseling...So, we'll get it out of our systems while we can! Don't get me wrong, I'm anxiously awaiting motherhood. (Although Laura, my other sister-in-law says I should think long and hard about that first!) Haha! She's even offered to let us borrow Blake for a weekend! So, I think the fact that I'm not getting prego as soon as I had hoped, is a blessing in disguise. So while we wait and pray to get prego, I'm working out to get smaller before I get fat! And, we are working on being a better family! I'm so proud of my husband! I didn't realize the wonderful man that I had married a few months ago. I mean, I'm really VERY new at this marriage thing, and yet for some spectacular reason, it just works for us!!! We get along like two peas in a pod. Of course I get annoyed with him, just like he does with me, but it works. We let it work! Burley Black gave me one of the best pieces of advice I've had so far in LIFE I think!! He said to me before I left, "Jessica, all I'm gonna tell you is that you gotta pick your battles. It isn't worth fighting over the stupid stuff." And it isn't. It's sad that many couples feel the need to bicker and argue about the most mundane things! I'm not even kidding!! Last night, laying in bed, trying to sleep, (trying being the operative word) we heard the couple upstairs fighting, right after making love!!! Apparently she wasn't satisfied! It's embarrassing to even talk about, let alone listen in on somebody else talking about it! (I mean yelling about it!!) Some things need to be said, while others need to be left alone. Marriage is all about compromise, isn't it?! If I had based our relationship solely on what Shane had to give me, what he could do for me, and not on what I could do for him...I don't know where we would be! Honestly, if we don't know what to do anymore, we turn to the Lord, b/c we always know that even if we don't know the answer, He does! It's just amazing that we have that one thing, the most important thing, in common! How blessed I was to come out here to college and meet this wonderful man! When I look back at all the things that pushed me out here...man it blows my mind! I have a testimony that the Lord lives! He MUST!!! He certainly had a huge hand in my meeting Shane! The fact that it was a blind date, neither of us wanted to go, we both had very limited dating experiences, and we're both RM's...I know I'm rambling but I'm just so overwhelmed right now. I absolutely love Shane! How did Heavenly Father know we would be so perfect for each other??? I don't know, but I'm sure glad he did!!!


And so, here is my little photo shoot of LOVE!!! Haha! We are so dorable!!! It makes me sooooo
happy!!! Just look at the glee written all over our faces!!!!

And I'm glad Shane loves me and laughs with me!

I'm glad he lets me take goofy pictures while he kisses me!!

And I'm glad he holds me when I need it the most! Look at his beautiful lips, pursed!!! Haha!

So, there we are in a nutshell. I love life! I love Shane! And I love you!!! I just love everything tonight! HUGS AND KISSES ALL AROUND!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much to say...My first words when I looke were, "wow, another post!" (that's a great thing) It makes me feel like I am a part of your life.
Otber thoughts:
My favorite pictue is the one of you kissing.
You are so beautiful.
How do you get your hair to do that thing in the front? I can't do it.
Haven't I given you some good advice too? Burley smurley.
You guys are adorable.
More post please.:)

aniC said...

heeeey!! don't "burley smurley" my dad, cindy!!

jess...you are one unique person, haha. you're funny. and cindy is right, you are beautiful.

Caley said...

Hey Jess-I just wanted to say that I love your posts! They make me laugh! Also, what you said about marriage and making it work is soo true! I'm always in awe when I think about my life and the things that have happened to get me where I am. We have no reason to complain do we (except for angry/annoying/ridiculous customers :). Anywho, I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome and we really need to hang out, soon!

Oh Happy Day!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!